Society’s perception of body image is one of the many factors that influence how you see yourself. As such, the first step in feeling good about your body is to analyze the biases projected on you and evaluate your response. Forgive yourself for what you did in reaction. Once you identify the root of the problem, you will need to employ a lot of awareness, love, care, and consistency in the process.
What can you do to feel good in your body right now?
First, you need to be intentional. Why are you doing it, and what are you looking to gain? This will help you make better decisions and focus on the most crucial person in this situation–you. Then, you should:
1. Invest in yourself – self-care doesn’t have to break the bank. You should allocate some alone time and do anything that makes you happy without compromising your resolve to be healthy. You get to learn more about yourself.
2. Affirm everything about who you are – likely, you have things about yourself that you don’t quite like, and that is okay–everyone does. Affirmations don’t have to be blind to the faults you see. Affirm aspects that you love, note those that you don’t, and acknowledge that you are grateful for who you are even though you want to change.
3. Consume positive content – in the digital era, you are one click away from seeing how well other people have it. You harm yourself by looking at people or reading things that only highlight the negatives in your body. Curate your social media, do not interact with people and accounts that make you feel bad in your body.
4. Embrace who you are – knowing how to dress is crucial if you want to feel good about your body. What do you want to wear? Why? How does it make you feel? Find clothes that accentuate your body and wear them with confidence. Additionally, clean up and dress up as often as you can. Looking good makes you feel good, so do it even when you aren’t leaving the house.
5. Watch your posture – shoulders back, chin up! This posture exudes confidence, so always stand tall. Stop slouching as it shows discomfort in your body, which other people can read.
6. Mind your eating – your diet determines how you feel and look. Thus, it would be best if you were intentional about what you consume. Overeating and stress eating can lead to regret, and this negatively affects your body image. You should consider light dishes with veggies and fruits in every meal. Also, don’t forget to hydrate.
7. Exercise – you might never know what your body can do if you don’t challenge it. Exercising is a great way to achieve this. You get to listen to your body and connect in a way that helps you feel good about yourself. Exercise doesn’t have to be extreme that it feels like a punishment; incorporate simple activities, and grow with your body.
The key to feeling good in your body right now is to learn that everybody is different. Quit comparing yourself to others and understand that the best way to change your perspective is to individualize your body image issues. This way, you approach any form of transformation with an awareness of what works for your body. But first, you need to acknowledge how amazing you are before you can work towards any change.
Quotes About Feeling Good In Your Body
“When you’re putting good stuff into your body, you feel so much better.”
~ Vanessa Hudgens
“If you’re comfortable in your own skin, you will feel beautiful – and look beautiful to others, too.”
~ Adriana Lima
“One thing I’ve learned is be comfortable in your skin, and more importantly, be comfortable in your shoes.”
~ Octavia Spencer
“If you take care of your body, it’ll take care of you.”
~ Oprah Winfrey