Please find below a curated list of 288 of The Best Discouraging Quotes by notable women and men. Please consider sharing with others any of the Discouraging Quotes that resonate.
I do not believe Federal Government fear me at all, they know the truth. They know I am not a dangerous person, they hold me as a hostage to discourage other people from possibly standing up to their valued system. In their minds, right or wrong the public is expected to lay down for them. You see examples of this, at the Ruby Ridge massacre and the Waco massacre, where they killed all those children and group members.
They put the thing down your throat so you don’t swallow your tongue, and they put electrodes on your head. That’s what was recommended in Rockland State Hospital to discourage homosexual feelings. The effect is that you lose your memory and become a vegetable. You can’t read a book because you get to page 17 and have to go right back to page one again.
I think when you hear good music or the experience you have to the music which makes you remember it, it’s so priceless. Really, it’s the same thing for us when we make it, to actually see the idea come together to be something that’s special and then to see people kinda degrade it, it is a little discouraging.
I understand why some women/girls/ladies don’t want to be women-identified ‘cuz it totally complicates your band identity and no one seems to pay much attention to the music or what you’re doing. We have chosen to be girl-identified (although Billy isn’t a girl!), because we want to encourage other women/girls to play music. When I was growing up, I found it discouraging to have all these women in bands not wanting to address the issue of gender…we’re interested in what women are doing.
Still, I figure we shouldn’t’ discourage fans of actively managed funds. With all their buying and selling, active investors ensure the market is reasonably efficient. That makes it possible for the rest of us to do the sensible thing, which is to index. Want to join me in this parasitic behavior? To build a well-diversified portfolio, you might stash 70 percent of your stock portfolio into a Wilshire 5000-index fund and the remaining 30 percent in an international-index fund.
I am always struck by how difficult it is for people to see how much cruelty they are bringing not only upon animals but upon themselves and their loved ones and other people, how much we are screwing up the planet, how much we are hurting our own health, how hard it is to change all that, how eager people are to make a buck at everybody else’s expense – all those things are discouraging.